PDA

View Full Version : Ban appeal - WalkingParadox

WalkingParadox
05-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Time passed since the ban was issued: An hour or something
Time since last appeal: First appeal

I pissed off an admin and I apologize. The whole ordeal was a misunderstanding. I feel that a straight ban is unfair, but it happens and im not bitter about it. I picked a hero that the admin/captain wanted unintentionally (he didnt make it clear in chat that he wanted it). He says in all chat to the other team "this walkingparadox ......" This to me, was very rude, and I was suprised such a thing would come from an admin. I asked him to swap several times after this (there was alot of time left until creeps spawned,) but he simply refused, so I got a little angry. I said "fuck you" before asking him to unpause and continue the game so we could play.
Please take note that this is all I said, before asking could we continue the game because I was ready to try and win. The admin in question, Marlboro seemed completely outraged that I dared to defend myself and then he left the game, to ban me. I had no intention of ruining the game for anyone involved, proven by my repeated proposal of swapping heroes with him, but he seemed determined to be awkward.

I hope you can understand the level of frustration from my viewpoint. I really didnt mean to cause this kind of trouble, but when someone refuses to swap that early, then continues to slander my name in allchat, it is unprofessional as an admin and unfair to me. I simply just wanted to swap him his favourite hero and play the game.

Again, im sorry for the misunderstanding, the "fuck you" was out of line and if I am lucky enough to be unbanned, I will make sure to dodge such people in the future to avoid any more drama.

TyR)
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Giving some details around.
What speaks against your appeal: I was told you repeatingly said fu or fuck you, not only once. In general it doesnt matter if you adressed an admin or a normal player, regarding our strict manner-rules its the same. In addition I warned you in the lobby about your "moron" and already tried to explain you, why we dont even let our frustration overcome us and flame if its fully justified.
What speaks for your appeal: You had a similiar case right in the game before, being harassed by a lot of people (although not justified). After I tried to calm it down, you did. You apologized, understand what happened wrong and I really hope you understand in future about the basics of dotarank: Manners "at all costs", to keep the game atmosphere as clean as possible.
From my side appeal granted, Sir-Rogers has, as usual, the last word.

Edit: If you get unbanned and I catch you with the slightiest flame I'd be the first one banning you.

WalkingParadox
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
I definitely only said it once, and I maintain that. I did not realise the rules were so strict here, regarding language and manner. For me, dota has always been a very hostile enviroment so being able to defend and preserve my opinion has become essential. However, it's something I can tone down and get rid of. For now I will avoid such people until I find some friends to rely on instead (providing I am unbanned of course.)

MeatHead
05-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Well DotArank is most of all a place where manners > skill, which many ppl find it hard to learn. Some learns it, others fail ;)

Played with u a couple of times, u were on opposite team, but didnt hear any complaints so :P

If u got unbanned then hf in zeh community ;D

marlborolight
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Just few things : Fuck you (by walking paradox) said once,i said who me to fuck - u said yes fuck you ,can we play ?!N1 atitude rly with fuck thing !?
Next ,this is my 1st ban i think during last 1-2 months,im rly not in the mood to ban,flame ppl around ,oh well mby joke flames =)
Than i said ''this Paradox'' (im usualy saying that ,exmpl Tyr played monster game and im saying back in loby this tyr..so i didnt meen nothing bad but ok u dont know me ) and i said that coz last game we played togather i should play abandon and u picked it (ofc like pl in our game w/o saying 1 single word (or i didnt hear it)).Imagine the game where ppl picking what they want and dont consulut with cpt (exmpl can i go pl ,aba ,me wards etc...) mby u can go and play ap or rd and than pick what u want !
After all that i said ok np play on (picked puck allready, bought wards..)and u continued oh fuck u i wanted to swap ?!Hm u said f... word just once ?
U asked me am i kid ,well im 24 old year person with job as menager of selling in 1 bi company ,so u need some brain 4 that(how u can sell smth with atitude im on rage rawwwwr by this or die xD ,so i think i can make decision's w/o including my rage or similiar..
But after 1 game with u in im not good as admin ''K'',and dont get it ,u want to be unbaned and u still provoke me here with that staytments like ''Bad Admin''.
I rly dont care if u will be unbaned or no ,its Rogers call ,but are we rly need ppl with that manners and atitude like this guy ?!(Oban also had complains on Paradox) ,and last note ill try in the future to be strict and ill ban all guys with Fuck u atitude w/o any regrets!
P.S. hope that Roger will give me my gm comands,need to get back in action =)

Regards

marlborolight

WalkingParadox
06-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I asked your age because for me, and my experiences in life, it's highly unusual for someone to be so sensitive to swearing. However, again im sorry for offending anyone by doing so, especially yourself.

The game before... with abbadon, no one said anything about you playing abbadon. Please dont get the wrong impression of me, im not a selfish guy. If there was reasonable doubt in chat for me NOT to pick that hero, I really wouldnt have, and the same goes for the game after that. That's why I was so insistant in swapping, but you wouldnt give me a chance to redeem myself, despite the opportunity being there.

So yes.. I hope you understand my perspective.

WalkingParadox
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Does anyone have an idea when this will get looked at? Im trying not to be impatient, would just like to clarify how long I should wait for an answer.

Sir Rogers
06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
WalkingParadox also known as mOth^

You were banned for flaming a GM. You were then banned again for flaming.

Denied