PDA

View Full Version : Weird interaction between Warcraft III and the RGC client

Saturne
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad english. Don't hesitate to tell me what I wanted to mean ;)

I've just tried the last version of RGC, connected in, signed in a game, launched WC3 using the button from RGC, but when Warcraft is open, I cannot use my mouse - when I click somewhere, it makes the Desktop coming back (WC3 minimizes actually). I can use the hotkeys in order to navigate ("L" for Local Area Network), but after I have to use my mouse... But I cannot oO There are some shines from time to time, when I move my mouse, look at this screenshot: http://s3.noelshack.com/upload/13199985289458_bug.jpg ( http://s3.noelshack.com/upload/13199985289458_bug.jpg ) . (Actually it appears ten times per second, and it last about 0.01 second... And if I close the RGC client, Warcraft works normally, but ofc cannot retrieve the games in LAN.

I use some programs for WC3 (hotkeys, mods and WC3 font), but it works very well on DotAlicious, so I don't think it is because of them WC3 bugs with RGC.

May somebody help me, please? :)

PS: The "Thank you for using RGC" at every close of the client is quite annoying; possible to disable this thing? I don't understand why it's here, previous versions of the RGC client did not need it afaik...

PPS: Am I the only one who doesn't see images here? I see the little image which appears when the browser does not know what to show...

Tinpl
01-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Have you tried to open your wc3 directly using frozen throne.exe file in wc3 folder, not with RGC war3 button?

Saturne
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Just tried. The same thing. :/

Sir Rogers
02-10-2011, 02:27 AM
There is no way this is an RGC issue, it's probably a glitch with any Windows skin modifications that you have installed, however I can explain the problem and help you solve it, until you figure out how to fix up your PC.

If you have been using Skype/MSN/any other messenger that causes those gay flickering popups when you're ingame, and when you click on them it throws you out of the game. This is basically what's happening, but not on purpose like those messenger tools do it. As I said there's no logical explanation other than there being a glitch with your computer, if it was a bug you wouldn't be the only person experiencing this. So we identified that the problem has something to do with the grahical UI of RGC.

Now here's a simple way to solve your problem: Sign for a game and everything else, once your game is hosted, close the RGC window (not RGC, just the main window so it's not visible anymore) then right-click on the RGC Icon in your taskbar. It will show you a menu with a list of items, now one of the items on that list will be "Launch Warcraft III" - click that and wc3 will launch without the clicking problem.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Saturne
02-10-2011, 02:02 PM
It works now! Thanks Sir-Rogers :)