Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darkstar

Default Re: Darkstar

ow yes that would do it. would love to see a brittish guy swear all over the place bout the green screen behind him Clive probably made u promise that to get that movie role he craves so much

We do have tons of gags. One is great. Clive's utility belt was created by our prop guys, and has a plethora of little techy looking devices on it. We don't have to explain or use them because his character has no memory, so he doesn't know what they hell they do either. Anyway, one of the pieces used to create the prop was a little battery operated device that would exclaim little profanities when you hit the button. At the end of a particularly difficult scene, we finally got it just right, Clive drops his hands to his waist, and a tiny little voice exclaims "fuckin jerk!"

;D ;D ;D Awsome! what kind of funny person put that in the belt?

That would be me. It would also say "F**k You", "Eat S**t", and a few others.

I apologize for the graphic nature of this post!

Speaking of humor, will it present in the game? Or everything will be too serious?

if anyone in that room was still standing after that accident, I don't understand... ;D u sneak!

Great question Alex.

As most of you know, a lot of comedians are involved in this project. No I don't mean me...PROFESSIONAL funny people. Like the guys in Mystery Science Theater 3000. I'm not sure how prolific the show was in Europe, but it was very popular in the states, and even after cancellation after 10 years it has a huge cult following, and you can get box sets of the shows on DVD through Rhino Records or on Amazon.

To answer the question, there is a lot of comedy relief here and there. Stuff happens to O'Neil everywhere he turns. Some of it funny. SIMON, the insane ship's robot, provides a lot of the Comedy and is voiced by MST3K's Frank Conniff.

It'll probably show in the texts a lot. In the clip with trace she says 'don't forget me in here' when going back into cryo and O'neil says: I wouldn't dream of it. Did u hire someone to write all of this?

I wrote the original treatment for the screenplay. Trace Beaulieu (from MST3K) was supposed to write the actual screenplay, but a new season of America's Funniest Home Videos began (of which he was a head writer), and I didn't want to wait.

So all of the story and dialogue are completely my fault.

Don't belittle yourself! that's an amazing input!

It's not really belittling...I'm far from Hollywood and my ego is well in check.

I kind of say it to be funny, that really, all of DS is pretty much my fault. I've had control of every decision made from the initial idea up to this forum...

Credit...fault? It's all the same thing. It's defined by you folks and whether or not you love or hate DS!

Who wants to be in Hollywood. Lots of crazy things happen to people there You know well enough that all of this is something to be proud of! 'Good' or 'Bad' is relative. My grandmother would think it's bad yes. It's an achievement, a major one.

True. In Hollywood you might have a belt that curses.

Indeed imagine that. Do u read ur pm's on this board btw? :

You know, I thought I'd make it all the way through this forum without looking the fool, but here it is...

What are pm's? And do I need to read them? And where are they?

Duh

waw I can be smart now lol it means personal messages. They are on the upper left corner. Next to: Hey, Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12