Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek

LOL, Agustin, let's not forget the reviewer who paid TOO close attention and criticized the wallpaper patterns and the text in the books not really being written by hand... How dare you use a font! So what if you would have ended up doing a lot more work regionalizing things for different languages.

Howdy Agustin - long time no see!

I have mixed feelings about reviews. I really really appreciate the well thought out reviews, and there are some very good reviewers. They will totally zoom on your mistakes but also call out the gems that you put into the game. It's often hard to read reviews b/c they can be so personal, but so is the experience...

Quote Originally Posted by HIddenSanctum
    LOL, Agustin, let's not forget the reviewer who paid TOO close attention and criticized the wallpaper patterns and the text in the books not really being written by hand... How dare you use a font! So what if you would have ended up doing a lot more work regionalizing things for different languages.
    I hate when reviewers just get too technical. It'd be better if the reviewer could justify why using a system font is detracting or bad form...

I must confess that I am highly anticipating these next two ND titles. White Wolf looks to be quite an exciting adventure. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I particularly like the diversity in the games. There is that common format and similarities in the titles, yet they are all unique for the most part if that makes sense.

Exactly. I'm noticing a rather worrisome trend, in that reviewers then to feel they're the "stars of the show", hence being confident enough to trash anything that doesn't satisfy them (and regardless of apparent virtues). There's just no respect for games nor developers anymore.

Gosh, now I'm sounding like a bickering old man...
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Quote Originally Posted by HIddenSanctum
    I must confess that I am highly anticipating these next two ND titles. White Wolf looks to be quite an exciting adventure. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I particularly like the diversity in the games. There is that common format and similarities in the titles, yet they are all unique for the most part if that makes sense.
    Cool - I just hope we can do a good job making these games! I totally understand how there's a pattern of similarity in the series, but each one can rest on its own, maybe? ICE is again, going to emphasize the whole investigation aspect of following up on leads, finding out the 'secrets' of everyone and there'll also be the requisite 'goofy' Nancy Drew moments.

ND17 is going to be very ... strange. It's definitely got an 'edge' to it.

Quote Originally Posted by krolmeister
    I totally understand how there's a pattern of similarity in the series, but each one can rest on its own, maybe?
    Definitely. Just like the books, you don't have to play them in order. You can pick up any one of them and they stand on their own. I think the similarities are a major plus. You know what to expect with the games for the most part. You guys are in a very comfortable position, the format is there and widely accepted so all you have to focus on are the story and challenges with each title.

And keep it fresh. I'm always worried that we'll run out of ideas or ways of killing off Nancy! But I think DAN and CRE were a good test to see how important that formula is. And now I know! So, we'll definitely be focusing more on maintaining an interesting story and challenging riddles and puzzles.

Hi, sorry to interrupt, but as a fan of both Scratches and the ND games, I felt it necessary. LOL

Is ICE going to be released earlier in the summer, like DAN was? (Obviously not February, as some rumors were saying.) And, I think I know who the guest character in ND 17 will be...could be wrong, but I think I have a good guess. 8)

Keep up the good work! ;D

I have a good guess too....Also, can you show some early screenshots of ICE or maybe give us a hint towards ND17? Also is ND16 based off of WEREWOLF IN A WINTERWONDERLAND and ND17 based off of GHOST OF BLACKWOOD HALL?

I hear thar ND 17 is going to be scary and it is going to be in New Orleans! I hope that the Special Guest is going to be Bess and/or George!

Yeah it would be good with Bess/George in a game, I personally did not like them not at least being a phone friend > > > sorry if I hurt anyone :-\ :-[

Yeah, they were okay as a phone friend. :-\

I'm not sure when ICE is coming out - probably when the other titles usually do. But, I'm not 100% certain as that's a marketing thing.

ICE is not based on the Werewolf book.

Oh I can't wait for ICE! Could you show us some screenshots? And will the alarm clock and Nancy's Laptop be in this game? I loved the clock because it made the game seem more real. Thanks!

I couldn't figure out how to get screenshots on this chat. Yes, the alarm clock is there, but ND's laptop isn't.

Could you put some screenshots on the Her Interactive website or blog? And since this game won't be coming out for a while can we expect to see a demo in the spring?

A couple more things, will ND have a camera cell phone with web access? And will we be able to switch the interface designs at the bottom of the screen like CRE? Will we be able to go outside? What kind of food will be available? And finally, besides the wolf will there be any other animals in this game?
    Thanks so much!

What book is ICE basd off of? Thank you!

Chase

I can't WAIT for ICE! It sounds like so much fun! Aww...I wanna know who the guest star is...Didn't people say that there was gunna be a returning character in DAN? There never was one besides Jane's game on Minette's computer...
    Hello one and all! My name is Ashley! I live in Michigan USA and I&#039;m 15 years old. I&#039;m a freshman in high school and I&#039;m going to my first school dance next Saturday! YAH! I&#039;m excited! No date yet, but I&#039;m still excited!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast