Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mysteries around "The Last Visit"

Well, since I didn't find a topic that covers this already, I thought I should make one myself.

Anyway, I have a good bunch of questions about the additional chapter from Scratches DC - The Last Visit. Hopefully I could get a response soon enough.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

1. What year did all the events in TLV actually happen?
    2. Why was the door to Robin's cell torn out?
    3. How come Robin hadn't escaped already? Or did he just randomly return to his lair?
    4. How on Earth did he manage to get from his lair to the 2nd floor bathroom so fast? Did he just teleport?
    5. How could he just appear in the bathtub like that? I'm sensing some sort of supernatural presence.
    6. From what I've seen, it makes me think Robin was somehow connected to the African mask, which is the reason he wasn't noticed when the player first looked in the bathtub. Any truth to that assumption?
    7. When Milton enters the manor and Robin jumps at him, are his intentions good or evil? I'm not quite sure whether he was going to give the old man a hug or tear his throat off.
    8. Has any other visitor encountered Robin in the past? Is the big "Murderer" graffiti above the fireplace by any chance relevant?

Thanks. I might ask some more questions later on.

Default Re: Mysteries around "The Last Visit"

Yikes! How many delightful questions

Alright, I'll be answering them over the course of the evening...
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes

Does that mean you'll be discussing them in some of your own topics or you'll do so in here, just not right away? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Eternity
    1. What year did all the events in TLV actually happen?
    Roughly ten years after the events of the original Scratches. Supposedly around 1986.

2. Why was the door to Robin's cell torn out?
    Once Robin found out the door had been left opened, he forced his way out. Let's just say he was a bit angry...

3. How come Robin hadn't escaped already? Or did he just randomly return to his lair?
    Robin had been digging his way out for years! Unless you mean why he stuck around in the manor and not simply ran away after Michael's visit. Well, it's the only place he knew of, the only familiar thing to him. He was likely very scared to leave... or simply didn't have anywhere to go.

Does that mean you'll be discussing them in some of your own topics or you'll do so in here, just not right away? :P
    Erm... over time, as you can see :P

Cats hides when they are afraid or injured, and are afraid of water.

4. How on Earth did he manage to get from his lair to the 2nd floor bathroom so fast? Did he just teleport?
    No other possible way as the stairs on the left (when you face the bathroom) are not usable. He would have needed to be in the attic... What was that thing in the hole then?

5. How could he just appear in the bathtub like that? I'm sensing some sort of supernatural presence.
    to be invisible in the bathtub before he gets up, he needed to be lying in it. Else, I see only supernatural explanations.

7. When Milton enters the manor and Robin jumps at him, are his intentions good or evil? I'm not quite sure whether he was going to give the old man a hug or tear his throat off.
    heh...........................

8. Has any other visitor encountered Robin in the past? Is the big "Murderer" graffiti above the fireplace by any chance relevant?
    Well, if those who broke into the manor were stupid young men, they would have wrote things like "F*ck"... Why writing "Murderer"? I'm sure they knew something about the story of the Blackwood manor.

No no, Robin was already around the house. As a matter of fact, he rather made the bathtub his new "home". Robin left the lair years ago and stayed in the manor until Peter's arrival. We can't tell what's going to happen next...
    When you first go to the bathroom, it's empty alright. But leave it, start walking away, and you'll hear some footsteps behind you. That's Robin entering the bathroom into his new lair...
    6. From what I've seen, it makes me think Robin was somehow connected to the African mask, which is the reason he wasn't noticed when the player first looked in the bathtub. Any truth to that assumption?
    Not quite, let's just say Robin felt rather attached to the mask and picked it as his new toy. There you have something to chew on

No no, Robin was already around the house. As a matter of fact, he rather made the bathtub his new "home". Robin left the lair years ago and stayed in the manor until Peter's arrival. We can't tell what's going to happen next...
    Woah. So this thing in the lair was actually a cat?

didn't notice the footsteps noise ... I'll have to replay that scene.

well...so what was that thing in the lair?
    May it be the form that the evil took after Michael used the amulet? It would be hiding in the lair.

Btw, Robin was less scary in LV...

Evil, for sure. Milton was begging for forgiveness, but Robin certainly wasn't eager to forgive him. Keep in mind that Milton left him in that cell for several years. We can safely assume that Milton had his throat ripped off as well.

Ah well, Robin probably scared quite a few vandals during those years. But the "murderer" graffiti was strictly meant for James Blackwood.

Woah. So this thing in the lair was actually a cat?
    Yes, that was actually a cat! You thought it was Robin? I never thought anyone could get the wrong idea, but then again, you never actually see the cat...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxly
    well...so what was that thing in the lair?
    An actual cat! :P

Btw, Robin was less scary in LV...
    Well, we already knew Robin and saw previously saw him... he isn't a monster after all, just a disfigured person. And, you get to see a lot of him in TLV. Admittedly, he's going to look far less scarier than before.

But don't tell me that chase in the hallway wasn't nail-bitting! ;D

No other possible way as the stairs on the left (when you face the bathroom) are not usable. He would have needed to be in the attic... What was that thing in the hole then?
    Actually, Robin was in the upper room, and then came down. Peter couldn't go up because he didn't have a light (yeah, I know, how convenient).

Well, if those who broke into the manor were stupid young men, they would have wrote things like "F*ck"... Why writing "Murderer"? I'm sure they knew something about the story of the Blackwood manor.
    Vandals weren't so nasty back then I guess :P
    But yes, remember the Blackwoods story was well known, and many thought of James as a murderer.

well depends... Robin doesn't even run...

But yes, remember the Blackwoods story was well known, and many thought of James as a murderer.
    yea I remembered it after posting the message, we were discussing about it with CE.

But Peter runs very slow :P

But Peter runs very slow :P
    why?

why?
    No reason in particular... just to give the sequence a scary feeling! ;D

Alright, thanks for answering my questions Agustin. This made things a lot clearer.

Now, what else could I ask...

If Peter was there to find clues about the Blackwood mystery, how come he overlooked some of the most important stuff in the place? Like that letter in the trash can...

why?
    No reason in particular... just to give the sequence a scary feeling! ;D
    hmm it doesn't sound right to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast