Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What we have been up to this year...

Besides the untitled horror game (of which unfortunately we aren't ready to reveal any details yet!) we have been working on another project, this one being vastly different than what we did in Scratches. It's actually such a large project that we had to associate ourselves with another company (Sabarasa Entertainment) in order to perform its executive production, although Nucleosys Digital Studio is carrying on all its development tasks. It represents an important milestone in game development here in Argentina, and perhaps adventure gaming in general as well. This is a very traditional 2D point-and-click adventure which is being developed for the Argentine government as an educational project and aimed to teenagers. This doesn't mean the adventure is intended to be played exclusively by children, since the humor and situations can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

Needless to say, this adventure game will be released for free throughout our entire country, and will be available as a free download as well. In case you're wondering, this is a full fledged adventure, lasting a “standard” playing time of about 12-15 hours. This is why we feel it's an important milestone: it's a complete, traditional adventure game to be released for free by the government of a country! It might be a worldwide first. We are of course very proud of participating in this project.

As for the game itself, players will take the role of a young girl, called Martina. Martina, who is a sort of a federal agent, must solve several missions (a dozen, to be more precise) throughout the whole country, visiting many different landscapes. Missions range from simple affairs such as investigating a company with illicit personnel, to avoiding a trafficking affair with potential grave international consequences. Add to that chasing a hacker, looking for missing people, infiltrating a suspicious chemical laboratory, investigating a haunted mine, amongst many others, and you have all the ingredients for a classic and funny adventure! And yes, the lead character is extremely good looking.

I'm sure you're going to ask this, and currently the game is being developed solely in Spanish. We are in talks to produce an English version as well, but we really can't say if that's going to happen at the time.

The game is going to be shortly announced with plenty of screenshots, so stay tuned!
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Default Re: What we have been up to this year...

Well, I was going to take German lessons to play Overclocked anyway, might as well take Spanish lessons as well. ;D
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

Awesome. Really, there MUST be an English version.

I can beta-test in Spanish!!! yay! ;D
    the evil panda from the badlands

I was kind of hoping to hear about your Untitled Project, but I suppose this is just as good.

Thanks for the info. Hope there's an English version. If not, I'll have to work on my Spanish. :P

We might seek "ad-honorem" translators, since this is really a non-for-profit project. I would do some translating myself, but certainly not all of it (the game has volumes of dialogue). Not sure what we can do about the speech, but we'll look into it when the right time comes as well...

would I be able to make a french version?
    ...from the English version tho, I'll have to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxly
    Of course, and that would be very welcome! The plan would be to allow everyone to download the Spanish version (which is fact - it is going to be that way) and then allow contributors to work on the translation. But don't quote me on that, we really can't tell yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuxly
    Of course, and that would be very welcome! The plan would be to allow everyone to download the Spanish version (which is fact - it is going to be that way) and then allow contributors to work on the translation. But don't quote me on that, we really can't tell yet.
    Yay!
    Who knows? Maybe there is a way of having a Nucleosys game in the Brazilian market... hmmm ;-)
    the evil panda from the badlands

We may opt for making a Russian one. But we may discuss it a bit later - I should be disconnected from inet for an hour, sorry.

So THAT's what you guys have been doing!

Sounds like an awesome project! (Count me in as another who hopes for an English version).

Also, stopping in to say "hi"! Good luck with this and the Untitled Adventure Game That Cannot Be Spoken Of Yet.

Kevin McGrath<br />Prominence - a science fiction adventure game<br />http://www.prominencegame.com

Congrats dude! A nice contract doing something for the government is always a good thing. The project sounds interesting. Is it safe to assume you've got more resources available to you this time around as compared to when you were developing Scratches?

Sounds like a worthy cause. Best of luck with this Agustin!

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts! I'm sure everyone here will be thrilled by the idea of several translations. The game is looking really good (if I may say so!) and very traditional indeed. A 360 turn from the darkness and despair of Scratches!

Wait, that would be a 180 turn... darn, I always get that thing wrong... mumbles...

Quote Originally Posted by HIddenSanctum
    Congrats dude! A nice contract doing something for the government is always a good thing. The project sounds interesting. Is it safe to assume you've got more resources available to you this time around as compared to when you were developing Scratches?
    Hey Eric! Yes, we're 7 people working on this project! A far cry from the 2 for Scratches

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes
    Wait, that would be a 180 turn... darn, I always get that thing wrong... mumbles...
    Funny, I thought that was a 3.14159265... turn. (Sorry, little OpenGL joke there....) : ;D
    Kevin McGrath<br />Prominence - a science fiction adventure game<br />http://www.prominencegame.com

I just don't know what to ask.. I loved Scratches and had some fun with Scratches DC, and now can't wait for the secret project - usual staff. You won't tell anything specific about it, will you?
    I remember you told that Saw-movies gave you inspiration.. What about Lovecraft this time? In Russia Lovecraft became popular only recently (maybe even too popular), and some games influenced it. I guess Scratches with its lovecraftian motives also had some influence. The game got very good press and positive player feedback, was named "adventure game of the year" by many. Soo.. More Lovecraft?)
    And congratulations with your new project!

Hi Afex! I can safely say that Lovecraft will likely always be present in every "horror" thing we do. Most specifically for the next title, the Lovecraft spirit is also going to be present. This time though, like I said last time, influences are varied, and the Saw movies and recent batch of "nasty" horror is going to have some impact on the project as well.

Right now we truly aren't ready to reveal any details yet... but I'm very glad to hear that you loved Scratches!

Wow! This is excellent and exciting news.

The missions sound varied and interesting, and it sounds like the type of project you can really be proud to work on. Any plans to offer some historic and/or cultural glimpses of Argentina into the game? I've always thought that the Capri games were wonderful in that way -- they give players a glimpse of what Capri is like.

Good thing you've been helping me brush up on my Spanish.
    Mike Morrison<br />Digital Media Workshop, Inc.<br />------------------<br />Prominence, a science-fiction adventure game<br />http://www.prominencegame.com

Curiosity question:

Given that Nucleosys is working on two titles at the moment, how do you split your worktime between the two? Is it a matter of working on the non-for-profit one with ideas simmering for the concept of the next (presumably horror) title? Or is there an active schedule where you are working on one and then spending time working on the other?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast