Thread: Some questions

Default Some questions

How far away is this game from completion? And how long, more or less, will the game be?

How many characters will we control?

Default Re: Some questions

- The game is currently somewhere between Alpha and Beta Version. The currently planned release date is Q2 2006.

- We aim to get 20+ hours of gameplay for the average adventure gamer.

- There will be two playable characters, our main character Nina Kalenkov who will get help from Max Gruber. Depending on the location you can play either Nina or Max and sometimes both of them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunguska Team
    - The game is currently somewhere between Alpha and Beta Version. The currently planned release date is Q2 2006.

- We aim to get 20+ hours of gameplay for the average adventure gamer.

- There will be two playable characters, our main character Nina Kalenkov who will get help from Max Gruber. Depending on the location you can play either Nina or Max and sometimes both of them at the same time.
    Sounds great. Espacially the last part. Being able to play two characters at once aloows for some interesting puzzles

Default re

Hi there!

Screens from Tunguska look very detailed and high standarded.
    What will be the (max) resolution and how will the sets be animated?
    I've seen a picture where it rains. How will you handle such visual effects?

EDIT: corrected a word^^

Tunguska has a real 3D-graphics-engine which was developed by us. This enables us to to do both 2D looking graphics and real 3D. When we want to animate we choose to make 2D animations or real 3D objects+animations depending on what technique is better suited for the task. Since our 3D integration is very good the 3D objects fit seamlessly into our prerendered 2D graphics (especially if you turn on antialiasing). Doing the integration right was a thing we spent much time on (I'm not going into the details here )
    For example our sky is done by using 3D since this offers more possibilities. Rain is also done with 3D objects (our rain even has a real depth!).
    The game resolution is fixed to 1024x768 pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunguska Team
    The game resolution is fixed to 1024x768 pixels.
    Is it possible to do a graphics mode in 1280x768 pixels, with black borders left and right? I have an LCD widescreen monitor with that resolution, and using the native res. just looks so much better. And I'm not even talking about the proportions...

Currently there are no plans to do a 1280x768 mode. This is something we're want to address after our current game...

But from what I know it is possible to tell your graphics card not to stretch the screen. So this should also result in the blank borders you talked about.