Default racism - my life story

As a native african player, born in Somalia, africa; I believe that this dota community needs to crack down on the amount of racism used in the community. Words such as "nigger", "chinks", "jews", "white cracker", "gooks", and many other words which can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs , are used so encouragingly in games. I feel that people do not care about the racist words they use and how this could affect others. Simply giving a warning to those who use such words is not enough.

classifying "racism" under "trolling" is just as bad, as trolling and abusing does not result in a ban. we have such a wide spread of ethnicity in this community that we shouldn't be judged on our race when sparring in a troll conversation.

In football and many other sports, those who use racist slurs are banned for life, I think we should follow this rule.

In the past I have been called a monkey, a gorilla, an ape, had bananas thrown at me, pennies, and sometimes even dog shit. I wish to not feel this racism in the dota world as I do in reality. My only friend in this world is my pet bat, and even though our differences of animal - human we treat each other with respect, and I wish for others to do so.

How is throwing dog shit racist?
    [Based God]

I get what you say, but bare in mind that trolling means that you are trying to cause anger to someone.
    Trolling includes racism, therefore should be bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by ghantauke View Post
    How is throwing dog shit racist?
    You missed the whole point.
    ╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Nobody is perfect!
    .....I'm nobody.....

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by brofangz View Post
    As a native african player, born in Somalia, africa; I believe that this dota community needs to crack down on the amount of racism used in the community. Words such as "nigger", "chinks", "jews", "white cracker", "gooks", and many other words which can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs , are used so encouragingly in games. I feel that people do not care about the racist words they use and how this could affect others. Simply giving a warning to those who use such words is not enough.

classifying "racism" under "trolling" is just as bad, as trolling and abusing does not result in a ban. we have such a wide spread of ethnicity in this community that we shouldn't be judged on our race when sparring in a troll conversation.

In football and many other sports, those who use racist slurs are banned for life, I think we should follow this rule.

In the past I have been called a monkey, a gorilla, an ape, had bananas thrown at me, pennies, and sometimes even dog shit. I wish to not feel this racism in the dota world as I do in reality. My only friend in this world is my pet bat, and even though our differences of animal - human we treat each other with respect, and I wish for others to do so.
    My friend,I completely understand how you feal.Just ignore them only you know what you really are and none can judge you.Just continue playing and ignore them and they will stop. As a matter of fact,black people have other gifts if you got me!! :P
    Have fun ! ! !

Best regards,
    DeAtH_LeGenD™.

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
    Robert Frost.

1o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Quote Originally Posted by mi _sbrwxneis View Post
    Accused Battle.Net account: kouzi
    Your Battle.Net account:mi_sbrwxneis
    Game Name:AR3546
    Offence of Admin:illegal kick ? dn ksr pws na to pw vsk....
    Time of event:evening

2o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Quote Originally Posted by leledonic View Post
    Accused Battle.Net account:kirchh(off)
    Your Battle.Net account:asdgasgh
    Game Name:de 8imame
    Offence of Admin:maphack kai ban giati ton eipa alvano enw monos tou eipe oti einai apo alvania
    Time of eventeripou 5 to apogema

Quote Originally Posted by DeAtH_LeGenD™ View Post
    My friend,I completely understand how you feal.Just ignore them only you know what you really are and none can judge you.Just continue playing and ignore them and they will stop. As a matter of fact,black people have other gifts if you got me!! :P
    Have fun ! ! !

Best regards,
    DeAtH_LeGenD™.
    You forgot to add enis at the end of your sentence.
    [Based God]

You forgot to add enis at the end of your sentence.
    I didnt got it...
    :S whats means enis?

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
    Robert Frost.

1o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )

2o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Offence of Admin:maphack kai ban giati ton eipa alvano enw monos tou eipe oti einai apo alvania

I didnt got it...
    :S whats means enis?
    Well...

As a matter of fact,black people have other gifts if you got me!! :P
    Add "enis" after ":P"
    [Based God]

Well...

Add "enis" after ":P"
    Aaa now I got you hahah :P I know that trick ^_^

Robert Frost.

1o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )

2o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )

I sympathize with you, but please keep in mind that you're comparing (EU) Public to professional sports leagues where the audience and cashflow are in the billions. I'm sure that most people who use it don't actually know of your ethnicity, and are using it in place of any other insult. The DotA community is comprised of insensitive people, so while I know how you feel, it is part of the experience.

However, if it ever gets to a point where it becomes harassment, e.g. repetitive racist remarks in chat or racist PM's, it is bannable. Namecalling in a game, however, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by WellTempered View Post
    I sympathize with you, but please keep in mind that you're comparing (EU) Public to professional sports leagues where the audience and cashflow are in the billions. I'm sure that most people who use it don't actually know of your ethnicity, and are using it in place of any other insult. The DotA community is comprised of insensitive people, so while I know how you feel, it is part of the experience.

However, if it ever gets to a point where it becomes harassment, e.g. repetitive racist remarks in chat or racist PM's, it is bannable. Namecalling in a game, however, is not.
    I don't see how money has anything to do with racism? are you saying that unless I pay money I will not be protected from racist remarks? or are you saying that the rich are only protected from racism?. are people who watch sports different to our eu public?

as I have said countless of times racism is not "simple namecalling". if you go to the hood and call them a name im sure they wont retaliate but if you call them a "nigger" different story.

lol this guy is loser.
    Banned lolz.

I think I'm starting to understand what you're saying. As a Chinese immigrant myself, I've had my share of experiences on that matter, even within the dota community. The worst experience however was hearing the racist remarks from a person I really looked up to.

My clan leader Ghunthorp decided that it'd be a good idea for all the clan members to start using skype to improve our teamwork. We all agreed. I added my clan leader to my contacts who at that time was unaware that I was Chinese. Upon seeing my profile picture of me wearing my 2 inch thick glasses, appearing in that cliche anorexic asian body of mine, he started calling me a "typical chink" and a "mong" which greatly offended me. After that the whole clan started calling me a "chick" and a "mong" everyday. Even a person from Pakistan (who thinks he's English while his face says otherwise... you know just like one of those white people trying to talk like black people) showed me no mercy. He even left me a message on my facebook saying "Mongfucking Mongtarded Mongfaced Mongdiot" which my parents saw. After that incident, I was forced to see an anti bully counselor every week by my parents. My small brother (10 year old) was forced to quit dota even though Ghunthorp was the only source of inspiration in his whole life.

In a way it was a good thing since it did make me aware of how hideous I look with my glasses and I that seriously need to work out. (part of it comes from the fact that I got beaten to a pulp by a girl the other day)

So I feel you man... totally...
    Last edited by ghantauke; 24-03-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    [Based God]

im glad I know how you feel, however I don't use Skype because i'm afraid people will laugh at my voice. I can't concentrate when I talk and play. nor can I type and play, I think I have some sort of problem. I smell with my ears, and listen with my eyes, feel with my teeth. I sometimes get headaches when playing call of duty. I'm scared of people calling me stupid so i just repeat the same words and phrases over and over again such as "qhunthed", "and i thought I was the master of excuses..." "umadbro" "QQ" and many more phrases which I would type out but i've forgotten the words.

I'm quite insecure myself, I don't put my picture of myself up on the internet as i'm scared of people laughing at how ugly I am, instead I put a phrase I constantly use as my picture
    sometimes I talk in the 3rd person as I feel I am not significant enough to talk about myself. I also talk about someone indirectly instead of directly because I'm scared of them and do not talk about them

please help me.
    Last edited by brofangz; 25-03-2012 at 12:14 AM.

how the other gamers know how are u physically playing dota =S ??? any way i have a big scar alsmost whole right leg , some many years ago i was afraid and scary people look it , mainly girls haha, so i do understand u ,may it hard at first steps but try feel better with ur self , about friends, well men i can tell u tht EVERYBODY loves by greeted so always u see some known person go ahead , try take some extra classes if u student or go into music group or sport anything ur story its sad yeah but u have to move to make ur life change too., and dont try look for friend playing dota it very competitive game so there no many space to have good " talks " ,well srry if i wrote some words english it is not my main leng ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    lol this guy is loser.
    seriously? Trolling in THIS thread?
    You deserve a big fat ban.
    ╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Nobody is perfect!
    .....I'm nobody.....

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Angelos21 View Post
    seriously? Trolling in THIS thread?
    You deserve a big fat ban.
    Trolling? Isn't that true, he is loser?!

LOL what the fuck is wrong with you guys, they called you chick, mong, so what just counter attack them, say something that will hurt
    Banned lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    Trolling? Isn't that true, he is loser?!

LOL what the fuck is wrong with you guys, they called you chick, mong, so what just counter attack them, say something that will hurt
    wow if we all thought like you this world would be in turmoil. "counter attack" lolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by brofangz View Post

dude i cant bealeave what you saying!! its like a girl who broke up with her friend and crying!! get up and be a man !!!
    live like i do !!! my rgc name is (big_head@ugly) , u can imagine
    i live like i want to and if someone have a f**** problem with me i just f** him , its that easy !!! stop beeing sensitive , thats a shame mate!!! no one and nobody can tell me what i do or what i dont do , i live like i want and f*** the world.

sry to be a little hard but thats the truth man !! u are a man !! so act like it and thnks

Close this thread ,really too much spam.

Yes close this thread please people are just finding a way to spam by saying "Close this thread". Oh wait...
    Last edited by SkyF!r3; 12-04-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    [Based God]