Thread: Lag Problem

Default Lag Problem

Last game i was playing during the middle of the game i started lagging like crazy
    afterwards i saw that dotarank was taking up over 90 of my CPU

is there anything i can do about this?

Default Re: Lag Problem

I believe this is related to the log file size problem. Check to see how large your log file is.
    USEast (Azeroth)<br />Clan Hat, Chieftain

thats what i thought at first but i have already compressed my log file and it hasnt been growing in size all day
    just this last game dotarank started to take up 98-99% of my CPU halfway through the game.

I have experienced the same problem three times now. Suddenly lag becoming worse than you'd assume playing from a cell phone, and after checking, indeed, 100% cpu capacity is used.

No idea, but I do not think it is related to the log size.
    ~ Mistakes are portals to opportunites.<br /><br />#DotaRank on Quakenet IRC<br />#DotaRank on Bnet Northrend

I'll keep looking at it, but every time I've seen cpu usage for dotarank spike my log file has also been huge.

I might just set the file to read only for a little bit and see if it gets rid of the problem.
    USEast (Azeroth)<br />Clan Hat, Chieftain

Lag from dotarank? i think its impossible

same Prob here unplayable sometimes dotarank takes up to 100% of my 3 gh core only solution is shut it down in taskmanager! :-\

Quote Originally Posted by [sFs
    Prophet ]
    Lag from dotarank? i think its impossible

You have no idea, obviously it is possible, since several people experience the problem otherwise they would hardly go through the effort of posting here? Your remarks are not adding anything, and apart from redirecting to Dev's or higher ranked people(which is who they are addressing their question to already), you are not helping anybody either. You are spamming the forums, and I personally find that very annoying. Please, do not post unless you have something to contribute, constructively.
    ~ Mistakes are portals to opportunites.<br /><br />#DotaRank on Quakenet IRC<br />#DotaRank on Bnet Northrend